Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Things I Learn At Work

Today during a work meeting on harassment I began to worry. Should I have sent out the Sarah Silverman jokes yesterday? Should I have repeated Sacha Baron Cohen's speech from the Golden Globes? Should I have acted out a scene from Bad Santa at a lunch meeting? Am I nothing more than a giant walking harasser? And then I realized (after thoughts of being fired or labeled a harasser ran through my mind) that I work with people who do all these things too. So no, I am not a harasser. Either that or we will all get arrested and sued together. It could really go either way.

Oh and I learned that since I work in the public domain I shouldn't wear a short skirt with no underwear (a la Britney Spears), because even in the off hours we are representing. I filed that under 'things I should have known this morning as I was getting dressed.'

No comments: