Tuesday, August 05, 2008

So Many Books, So Little Time...

One of the joys of getting older is realizing that as much as I want to read for hours at a time my body won't let me. My back and legs become sore, my eyes get tired, and I get a migraine. I now feel like sleep is now more important than reading and that makes me sad.

I bring this up because I have been waiting for a book to come out (Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon if you were curious). I picked it up today during my lunch break, so excited to go home AT 5PM and read the night away. At about 1pm I realized the pain in my head is not going away, and admitted I was getting a migraine. WTH?!? Sometimes it feels as if the universe is fucking with me. I am now drinking coffee so I can feel well enough to go home and read. It is still in my eyes, and now I have coffee jitters. Getting old sucks.

No comments: