Wednesday, August 06, 2008

My preparation for the 8 hour read-a-thon last night--two Cups of Coffee, 4 Tylenol, 1 round of stress relief yoga... Totally worth it

So my book of the week is Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I finished it last night at 2:10am and was thinking about it when I woke up this morning. I am not as verbose as other critics, but I would whole heartedly recommend this series. Especially this book. My only warning would be that the first 400+ pages deal with themes of physical and sexual abuse, and in some ways it felt like I was reading "A Boy Called It" (another great but difficult read). For those of you who shy away from romance novels but who enjoy sci-fi or fiction with paranormal themes I think you would enjoy this series.

I am now back to finishing "New Moon" by Stephanie Myers. No doubt I will be talking about this series next week.

Happy Reading!

No comments: