Tuesday, July 01, 2008

J'ai besoin de deux billets de train pour couvrir D'Ail...

I checked my blog analysis tonight and noticed I had a visitor from Paris, France. Lecteur bienvenu! Hopefully this stated "welcome reader" and not something inappropriate. It wouldn't be the first time a french to english translator burned me. In 1999 I spent 5 days in Paris as I traveled on my European tour. I spoke no French and would butcher it like a serial killer every time I attempted to speak. On my last day I was at the train station trying to get to Cap D'Ail, which is near Nice. Some how I ended up asking for two train tickets to Cap D'Adge, which is near Spain I think. Either way it was a 12 hour nightmare of train rides trying to find to get to our hostel. Which by the time we arrived that night was booked. We ended up spending 4 days in Nice and to this day it remains one of my favorite places. So thanks reader for reminding me of such a happy memory. I need to finish cleaning for my guest. Bonne nuit.

No comments: