Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The price of one Chinese dinner and a to-go bag of grapes and bad chicken: $8,000...

So earlier this morning I filled out a questionnaire about relationships. One of the questions asked how well you are able to say no to family requests. That it stuck in my mind should have been a warning...

My mother called me on my lunch break, and stated she had a quick question. She found a truck she wants to buy and could she put it in my name (and list her and grandma as the drivers). WTF?!? I wanted to ask why but I needed to get off the phone. I know that any question involves a long answer. I tried to redirect. I told her my credit was not good thanks to the large amount of student loans I have. Well, the slimy MF'ing car salesman was right beside her and said, "Not a problem! We can work around that!" [Comment to the car salesman: How about you shut your pie-hole and not try to make a commission off a shady deal? Hmm, could you do that?]

Did I say no to my mother? No, I did not. Because I'd rather suck it up and avoid the hell that my saying no would cause. Being that this is my mother, and she has done this to me before, I am a little happy she asked me first. Maybe I can have some control over the situation (it's a futile attempt I know). Last, but not least, I did not say no because I am a wimp who will avoid confrontation right up the bitter end. I knew dinner last night was too good to be true. Even bad chicken has a price. I am sure there is more to come with this story…

No comments: