Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Wrong Place To Be Thinking Of Her...

Yesterday I attended a funeral for a 16 year old who shot herself. I pray to God I never have to do something like that again. The church where the service was held was decorated for Christmas and it felt so wrong to see lighted trees surround a devastated family. During the service my mind kept repeating lines from Damien Rice's 9 Crimes.

Unfortunately this is the season for suicide. If you know someone who is down or who even made a joke about killing themselves take is seriously. If you are feeling like suicide is an option please call a friend or a family member, or even a suicide hotline such as 1800-SUICIDE or 1800-273-TALK. Help is out there.

I kept wondering what her mom and dad's last words to her were, and it reminded me how important it is to say I love you. So I am logging off to call my mom.

No comments: